Actions can run on a schedule, or be triggered by another operation in Alli (i.e. Marketplace app run), or only run when you manually click “run”. This how-to will walk you through setting up an action that you want to run manually.
Before setting up an action you need to authenticate your partner account/platform within your client settings page.
Navigate to Actions and click on the blue Create Action button.
Search for your intended Action by Action Type.
In this example, we will Update Ad Names on Facebook. Select the action type by clicking the Select button
Name your Action and navigate to the correct ad account under Select Authenticated Account.
Choose the Manual Upload for a manual, one-off action.
Scroll down to see which Data Source Columns are required for the upload.
Select Choose File to upload the intended file from your computer.
Select Preview to ensure the right file was selected. If correct, press the blue Run Now button.
Your action will run and the Audit page will show either a successful run or any errors that need to be amended.
- How to manually upload data to an existing datasource
- How to archive and unarchive data sources
- How to create a manual datasource without validations
- How to setup a datasource that requires custom data
- How to Create a new datasource
- How to update datasource dimensions and metrics
- How to create a Smartsheet Datasource
- How to add a manual upload datasource