This guide will give an overview of how to access active ads from the new Google Ads Setting datasources that house accurate Google Ads data for each client.
What Problem is this solving?
The SEM team for a client was having issues getting the accurate active ads, ad groups, and campaigns from Alli Data Library. As it turns out, they were querying from the
googleads_structure_* datasources which are deprecated. The
googleads_settings_* datasources house the accurate Google Ads data for each client and should be used instead.
googleads_structure_* datasources are deprecated and will be removed before Holiday 2022
Query to solve this issue
Run the following query from Alli Data Library raw datasources:
select distinct ad.ad_id, cm.customer_id, cm.campaign_id, adg.ad_group_id from [client name].googleads_settings_ad as ad join [client name].googleads_settings_adgroup as adg on adg.campaign_id = ad.campaign_id and adg.ad_group_id = ad.ad_group_id join [client name].googleads_settings_campaign as cm on cm.campaign_id = adg.campaign_id where lower(ad.ad_group_ad_status) = 'enabled' and lower(adg.ad_group_status) = 'enabled' and lower(cm.campaign_status) = 'enabled'
The image below displays the output when the above query is run for Momentive
This query at some point may become a default view within Alli Data Library.
- How to manually upload data to an existing datasource
- How to archive and unarchive data sources
- How to create a manual datasource without validations
- How to setup a datasource that requires custom data
- How to Create a new datasource
- How to update datasource dimensions and metrics
- How to create a Smartsheet Datasource
- How to add a manual upload datasource